Monday, March 16, 2009

Saturday Queens Riding Adventures.

So on Saturday, Rodger and I spend the morning riding around Bed Stuy checking out different blocks, debating where most of the crack is hustled, and the ups and downs of living on different blocks in the hood. After he went to work, it was so nice out I wasn't ready to hang up the bike quite yet. I went back home to scare up some biking partners. I called three people to see if anyone wanted to bike around w/ me, w/ the assumption that if all three were busy I would resign my saturday to watching Bridget Jones Diary again on the Oxygen channel. (not a good saturday look). Luckily Hanna and Joan were up for some ridin, so I hopped back on my ride and cruised up to LIC. We met up and upon realizing that hanna and i ride the same sized frame, promptly switched bikes. We rode up to Astoria Park and around her neighborhood for a while, soaking up all of the delights that queens has to offer before looping back to the LIC bar for a beer afterwards. They let us bring in outside snacks, so i took it upon myself to introduce hanna and joan to the joy that is "Popcorn Indiana" brand popcorn.

Photobucket
They helped me kill the snacks and we enjoyed some refreshements.

Photobucket
Hanna tried to say that my Nike hat would look weird on her. I personally believe that my Nike hat has the ability to flatter ALL girls, so we had her model it to disprove her theories.
At anyrate, Hanna's camera is SO nice, it makes everyone's mega pixles dazzle. Here is joan and hanna soaking in some saturday fun and being all young and carefree and in love and shit.
Photobucket romance!
The day was awesome. I kind of got lost in greenepoint on the way home, and used my preternatural sense of direction to return me to bed stuy where i attended Meena Kim's grilled cheese party. All in all a nice little saturday.

No comments: