Sunday, January 17, 2010

Operation Kitty Condo.

Well i am waiting for my pictures from xmas and new years to upload on the old photobucket piece, so in the mean time i am going to muse about the prospect of acquiring a new kitty condo in my life. The bottom line is these cats need an upgrade in the toy situation. Currently they are making due with a "cat tube" and a pretty sad looking cat tent from ikea. Dupree has also taken to using my whicker drawers as his primary scratching post. I have a theory that if i can upgrade their lives with a "cat gym/kitty condo" then they will stop terrorizing us in the middle of the night/and just improve moral in general.

The true DIY spirit that lies deep down in my heart says, to make one. its just sone wood/carpet/and rope. How hard could it be? Plus the ones at the pet store are no joke like 200 dollars?! i don't like ANYTHING 200$ worth. real talk. Plus there are some interesting DIY kitty condo suggestions on the internet. But then we were peeping amazon and some of these condos are next level! Like some of these kitty condos have maintenance fees and some of them are like gated community level of classy!
Photobucket

This one looks like it has a door man and a gym in the basement!
Photobucket

Some of the plans for DIY ones i have seen on the internet seem easy enough the but end result is kinda janky. that is not the desired effect. if i have to have a large structure in my living room that says to the world, "i sweat my cats and i have devoted a large amount of my living space to watching these little guys while out", then i at least don't want said structure to look like we purchased this real estate in shittsburg proper.

Whatever, you can think i'm a cat lady all you want but this is the shit i think about. but the bottom line is i'm just thorough and i take my cat adoptions pretty seriously. the city of new york has entrusted me w these little tabbys and im taking it upon myself to upgrade their lives in a serious way!

But I digress, will keep you posted on the end result. the ones on amazon are pretty cheap, but on the otherhand, i need to be saving money to buy a real condo for humans! haha or at least some sort of house for us humans. To be continued!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check out
http://www.mycatsheaven.com/

for modern, classy cats.

-Maria