Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Saturday Night Social

Last saturday, I had folks over for eating. Rodger and I moved into a new apartment and finally got it looking good. So I wanted to have dudes over for eating. The situation is good, b/c I felt like at my last living situation I couldn't really entertain due to the roommate dynamic. However now that I am all shacked up and its just old Rodger and me (not the movie), I can have people over as much as I want. Just like a real grown up! So I did, and I fed the people my grandma Flo's flank steak, corn on the cob, garlic roasted greenbeans. This was a big deal b/c this flank steak recepie is the BOMB and its what my mom and grandma always make me when they are hosting me in their homes. So this was a bit of a torch passing situation. And it turned out great. Check the fruits of my labor.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Finished product!


It was truly a feast indeed, except Rodger is on a fast and while we all sat around eating, he sat there and talked about how he couldn't eat and it was kind of a bummer. Its kind of like inviting your sXe to your wine tasting party and then everyone is like, "OMG this 1980s french aged merlot is blowing my mind" and your sXe friend is like, "wine is for suckers!" and the wine drinkers all go "I guess". It might diminished the festive mood but the power of Flo's steak prevailed, and it was good. Everyone got plenty to eat, and I got kind of drunk while I was cooking and then we went dancing at a Michael Jackson's Birthday dance party where Soraya was hosting. So we got to sit with her in the VIP section and got bottle service and it was totally fancy. We living!

No comments: